For the sake of posterity, and for completeness, I am including links to software I wrote in my first job. In my first job out of university, I was hired to write Java browser games to complement Runescape.
I got a bit obsessed. My next project was to design a spiritual successor with the same aesthetic idea of transitioning colour and light. The result was a 3D-falling-block game:
- This was the first Jagex game with any kind of real-time multiplayer feedback.
- Writing browser applets in 2007, with no libraries, entirely on TCP streams (no UDP), means that was really difficult.
- I was very keen for Pixelate to be unique, not a clone of any existing block game.
- The result is fun, but not as much fun as Lumines.
- It's possible to master the game with a little effort. We saw users playing perfect (ie. unbeatable) games against each other in head-to-head multiplayer.